Over the last couple of days I’ve been working on adding support for FLAC files to Cantabile.
It’s available in the latest experimental build, however please note:
- It only supports 16 and 32 bit integer samples
- I’ve only tested with 16 bit, 2 channel files
- I haven’t tested sample rate conversion with flac files
- I’ve had to rejig the way the audio source providers internally interact with the media player which means there’s a possibility I’ve introduced bugs in the existing wave/mp3 players.
- It’s not been optimized for performance, nor size.
Having said all that, it seems to be working quite well… so feel free to download it and give it a go. If you find issues, it would be helpful to know as much detail about those files as possible — or perhaps even a copy of the file.