Cantabile now supports a new “Key Range to Note” MIDI filter that can map a range of keys to a single note. This can be handy if you want to designate a section of your keyboard to trigger some action such as starting a drum loop.
The filter is simple to use:
- Bring up any of the MIDI filter settings windows
- Click the Add button and choose “Key Range To Note”
- Choose the range of notes you want to remap and the target note:
As with all MIDI filters you can also choose which MIDI channel to apply this to. There are also are two other options:
- Re-triggerable — when selected, playing other notes in the same range while the first one is still held with re-send additional note-on events. When not disabled additional notes will be suppressed. In either case a note off event is sent when all held notes are released.
- Suppress out of range notes — when selected any notes outside the selected key range will be suppressed, otherwise they pass through unaffected.
Available now from build 3222.